Toolkit for teachers
Where help can be found
Help can be found from a number of different sources. Within the school, the role of the school nurse can sometimes be critical and you may want to look at the school nurses’ toolkit.
Outside the school there are opportunities to find out more about alcohol and problem drinking
Alcohol information can be found in a range of places, including many websites:
- Alcohol Concern firstname.lastname@example.org or www.alcoholconcern.org.uk
- GLUG www.glug-alcohol-education.co.uk
- National Association for Children Of Alcoholics (NACOA) 0800 358 3456 www.nacoa.org.uk
- Wired for Health www.wiredforhealth.gov.uk
- Child line 0800 1111
- National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) helpline 0808 800 5000
Where can a parent get help?
- Local alcohol advisory services offer information, support and help with cutting down or stopping drinking
- Alcoholics Anonymous can help with stopping drinking
For further information see About Alcohol Problems